Beginner Ball Workout for Balance, Stability and StrengthThe following workout shows basic exercises for balance, stability and strength using an exercise ball. If you're new to the exercise ball, this is a great place to start. The exercises help your body get familiar with the unstable surface, allowing you to build a strong core while gently working your entire body. If you need to, sit next to a wall or chair for balance.
Check with your doctor if you have any injuries or medical conditions.
An exercise ball
- Warm up with 5-10 minutes of cardio
- Beginners: Perform 1 set of each exercise
- Intermediate/Advanced: Perform 1-3 sets of each exercise, resting briefly in between
- Hold onto a wall for balance if you need to and use a sticky mat or shoes with good traction to avoid slipping
- Learn more about Choosing and Using an Exercise Ball.