Health Benefits of Ganne ka ras (Cane Juice)
- Cane juice contains no simple sugars; hence, it can be enjoyed by diabetics without any compromise with the health. Regular consumption of cane juice not only results in stable glucose levels but also helps in losing weight.
- Cane juice contains sugar in raw form which is good for health. It contains essential nutrients and minerals, unlike the refined sugar which is devoid of any nutrients and minerals, and can cause health problems in sugar-sensitive people. Contrarily, cane juice is free from such problems.
- Cane juice helps in the treatment of jaundice, a condition characterized by the yellow pigmentation of the skin and membranes caused due to elevated levels of billirubin in the body fluids and poor liver function. Consuming one glass sugarcane juice mixed with lime provides relief in jaundice and helps in speed recovery.
- Studies have proved that cane juice, diluted with lime juice and coconut water, greatly helps in burning sensation or dysuria, associated with urinary tract infections, sexually transmitted diseases, kidney stones and prostatitis. Cane juice may be effective in treating scanty urination by promoting clear urine flow and proper kidney function.
- Studies have proved that regular consumption of cane juice can replace proteins lost during certain febrile disorders, such as fever.
- It is extremely beneficial during micturation due to high acidity, genorrhoea, enlarged prostate, cyctitis and nepthritis. To extract the best benefits of cane juice, dilute it with lime juice, ginger juice and coconut water.
- Since cane juice can be easily digested, it provides instant energy to the body and hydrates the body, thereby being extremely helpful in summers. Even though cane juice has high sugar content, it is good for diabetic patients due its low glycemic index.
- Cane juice is very helpful in preventing and treating sore throat, cold and flu.
- Due to its alkaline nature, sugarcane juice helps the body in fighting against cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
- Cane juice has the ability of strengthening the stomach, kidneys, heart, eyes, brain and sex organs.
- Fresh and natural, cane juice is a great alternative for aerated drinks and cola which contain artificial sugars.
- Cane juice contains several essential nutrients, such as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorous, which are necessary for the normal functioning of the body.
Nutritional Value & Calories In Cane Juice
Amount: 1 oz
Weight: 28.35 g
|Total Calories||111. 43|
|Calories From Carbohydrates|
|Calories From Fats||0.03|
|Calories From Proteins|
|Total Carbohydrates||27.40 g|
|Pantothenic Acid||0.09 mg|
How many calories in cane juice (per 100 gm)
Cane juice has about 36 calories per 100 gm of weight.
- Depending upon your taste, preferences, and cooking needs, choose the appropriate form of cane juice.
- You can choose demerara and muscavado, since they have a deeper molasses flavor compared to the milled cane juice.
- Always store the evaporated cane juice in a tightly sealed container in a cool, dry place. This way, it can be stored for an indefinite period.