Most people generally prefer to bathe in warm water than cold water. In fact, with more cold shower health benefits that you can get a hot shower instead.
You should know that a cold shower can help boost metabolism, prevent post-exercise muscle injury and regulate levels of uric acid in your body. There are many other benefits of a cold shower that you can get Healthmeup quoted as saying the following:
1. Male fertility: Perhaps there are very few people know this fact, that a cold shower can increase fertility in men. On the other hand, a hot shower is bad for your testicles, because it can potentially lower the sperm count. If you want to plan on having a child, it's time to bathe in cold water. Think again if you plan to visit the sauna or steam bath.
2. Increase blood circulation to remove toxins: When the cold water on the surface of the skin, blood vessels beneath the skin will shrink. This reduces the blood circulation, but at the same time the mechanism of blood pressure and it will automatically destroy the target tissue. This causes the blood to circulate with greater impetus, so that blood flow becomes stronger in the increasing circulation.
3. Build up immunity: You want to increase white blood cells? Bathe in cold water, because it will increase your metabolism, which in turn increases body heat and revive the immune system by releasing white blood cells.
4. Increase metabolism: When a person feels cold, they will usually wear a sweater to warm the body. Similarly, when your body is doused in cold water, your body will automatically produce heat, which makes the body's metabolism to increase rapidly. That's when carbohydrates and fats are burned to make you feel warm.
5. Prevent injury: When you perform physical activity, the muscles will become inflamed and you need time to make your muscles become relaxed. To increase strength and muscle mass, your muscle fibers will swell and shrink. Therefore, to prevent rupture of muscle fibers due to excessive physical activity, wash with cold water.
6. Additional benefits: a cold shower can reduce chronic pain, reduce body aches, improve hair health, kidney function, reduce inflammation and regulate the autonomic nervous system.
7. Cold water and the rhythms of the body: Cold water can deepen your breathing and helps fight fatigue. Even if you are having trouble sleeping, take a cold shower memembuat believed to be sleeping more soundly.